Nomadish

Nomadish

9 March 2015

Clean Monday in Crete

This is the day you see Greek people flying kites, bu this year the weather was quite against it. I spotted just this small girl outside, while I was happily staying inside of my van, instead outside!


Clean Monday comes after the carnival, also known as Pure Monday or Ash Monday. From this day on you should be leaving behind you sinful attitudes and non-fasting food until Easter.

Many Greek people do still fasting, they stop eating meat, eggs and dairy products and eat fish and vegetables instead (how easy for me!).


Clean Monday is a public holiday in Greece and on this day they make this special kind of "azyme" bread, baked only on that day, named "lagana". My dear camper friends kindly bought one for me to have a taste :).

Now we are waiting Easter to come and in the meanwhile we are enjoying finally some more sunny days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are always welcome in English, Finnish, Dutch or French, others I need google translate :)