Nomadish

Nomadish

27 October 2021

Friends, food and touring!

 

Very nice month we have had! Friends and touring, still enjoying time on the beach too, with fabulous spots to park :)

October has given us loads of sun, as wind and rain too, nature says thank you, I a bit less for the rain part. So we got another friend over after my best friend from Finland left and we did the "grande tour" in Crete. To show nice places and spend good time together. More to tell under the photos below!

Lovely colorful shop, with original decoration I would say. A true eye catcher. Those uncomfortable Greek chairs, which every taverna has, some of them have found their home as wall deco, love it <3. This tiny shop was in Tsoutsouros, Southern part of Crete.



All summer I have made fresh orange juice, nothing better! I bought in the beginning of the summer this little electric pressure, to save my elbows and wrists and thank you for my solar system, I can use it without electric hook up too.

Still many relaxing moments on the beach

Cooking zucchini sauce for pasta and again thank you solar energy :).


Lovely big wall arts in Matala, front of the book store and a cafe. Matala is known as a hippie village with its relaxed atmosphere. Still October soooo many tourists, evenings were more peaceful.


Dinner time in a good company <3. I can´t remember when have I last time been up until 3 am (or was it 4 am!), but this evening turned early morning and a short sleep after. So much laughter with full stomachs!

Cooking vegetarian bolognese for meat eaters :P

Back we came to "our" port too <3. Since we left there five months earlier, was good to see again all people we know. Everybody was happy and telling welcome back. My friends father has turned in those five months much older (he is 93), she told me he is know on a wheelchair and mostly sleeping. I call him my "papu", which means grandfather. I use to see him every day walking, well his own speed and every time I would say hello, how are you today papu? Well actually shouting as his hearing is not well any more.

Just after my friend told about Papu, I saw him coming with his assistant and I walked towards him. I took his hands in mine and asked how he is doing. He was smiling. Asking how I was doing too. This moment was so touching for me, after he went back inside, a tear was getting a place on my cheek. Papu´s time is clearly not so long anymore.

Our port

Oscar was there! Oscar is one of the cats in the port area. Very social cat who loves people and have no problems with dogs either. Oscar was a friend with Bieber (the stray dog we took from the port to stay with us) and they also met back eachother now. Like there would not have been all those months before, they were still friends <3.


Oscar and Bieber at the taverna together



I love old doors! We did one city day too in Rethymno. How stylish, color match with the old door and the floor brush :P.


Minarite in Rethymno. It used to be a Venetian church at the 15th century, but became a mosque by the Turks at the 17th century. Today it is used as a conservatory hall.


Old port in Rethymno

Frangokastello, Paradiso beach

Its been too long to not be back also in Frangokastello. More than two long years! One of my favorite spot and to meet very dear people again.

Paralia Paradisos

What a sunset with a "blood" moon in Frangokastello

Eating as a dessert in our friends taverna bee cells, the waxy cells! Was you aware you can actually eat them? Its not the first time for me and taste is just honey with structure.



What´s missing? My number plate flew of with the wind! We got heavy wind, shaking the van all night long, which is nothing unusual in Crete. Lucky I found my number plate back in the bushes, before it would have got its last flight in the sea!

Due the wind we drew back for some days in a campsite, before starting wondering around again <3.

2 comments:

  1. Upeita kuvia ja hienoja paikkoja!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Oli hauska turnee ja kohta taas jatketaan :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are always welcome in English, Finnish, Dutch or French, others I need google translate :)