Nomadish

Nomadish

30 September 2021

Live, laugh, laugh louder

My best friend was coming! I did not see her (or any other friends or relatives) since July 2019, when I left Finland last time! Its sooooo long, too long. But now was time for a good laughter together for 16 days!

Was time to celebarate our days, prosecco served in beautiful Finnish Design glasses, which my friend has designed <3


My first "ruisleipä" (rye bread), so tasty!!!


As my friend visited me three years ago also here in Crete, this time we did not drive all around the island, but did several excursions. One of the first things to do was manicure and pedicure, for both of us a girly thing :P.
Forty nails were done in my van by a professional


Amazing Aradena, was something I defenitely wanted my friend to see. Was a scary experience for her to pass this highest bailey bridge in the world, with its 138 meters hight!


Gorge of Aradena


As you are in Sfakia, you have to taste Sfakia pie! Its like warm pita bread, filled with cheese and served traditionally with honey. Beside we had Greek salads each for our lunch.



We had countless swims, water is still so warm and we were very lucky with the weather.

 

laugh laugh laugh!


Rethymno, cloudy day was a city day for us!

One vegan burger one meaty one, we were both happy and full!

We did quite some shopping with our shopping legs and hard worked shopping hands :P :P :P

Isnt this taverna just beautiful? During my many visits in this island, I have passed this taverna, never place to park my van around, this time it was and lets go for a fresh orange juice!



Reminds Santorini <3




Visit to Preveli monastery. Beautiful calm place, with very few tourists!





                                                    We did spotted original cactus plants.



Raki equipements, yes they did brew raki in a monastery too.

for olive oils

Holy water. My friend was healing herself.

We saw two old lonely cuties beside a road. One of them had still a driver inside :). I wonder what kind of adventures these vans have experienced in the past and why did their story end just there!





Pool time in our campsite <3

Laugh time!



Last evening we spent in Georgiopolis, had drinks and excellent dinner, ten points for the meal!
Kleftiko, briam, salad and rice

The chapel had wonderful red moon above

Sunrise to come!

Last coffee moment, before getting to the airport in Chania

See you soon, safe trip home my dear friend <3

2 comments:

  1. On teillä ollut mahdottoman hauskaa yhdessä. Upeita kuvia.Ihan kateeksi käy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyllähän me jokunen nauru täräytettiin :P

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are always welcome in English, Finnish, Dutch or French, others I need google translate :)